If you love pasta, pizza, and Italian food you probably have a jar of marinara sauce sitting in your cupboards right. When shopping to buy your next jar, you might automatically go for the jar simply labeled, “marinara,” however, you can take your dishes to the next level by trying something new. Did you know there are many different varieties of marinara sauce?
From a savory, fresh basil, to a zesty, roasted garlic, there are different flavor profiles of marinara sauce that can elevate your meals and create flavorful dishes that your friends and family will love. There may be dozens of jars of sauce in front of you the next time you go shopping, but there are 7 types of marinara you need in your pantry right now!
- Arrustica Sauce- When you are looking for a marinara sauce with a strong flavor profile with lots of herbs and spices, an arrustica sauce is just what you are looking for. Arrustica sauces feature Italian plum tomatoes, fresh arugula, roasted garlic, mushrooms, onions, sea salt, pepper, and parsley to bring hearty garden-fresh flavors to your favorite pasta dishes.
- Fresh Basil Sauce- Basil is one of the most aromatic of the classic Italian herbs and makes the perfect sauce for pasta, sausages, savory pizza, and more! Fresh basil sauce features lots of basic, a bit of garlic, fresh onion, salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Low Sodium Marinara Sauce- When you need to lower the sodium and focus on your health, you do not always need to give up your favorite sauces! A low sodium marinara sauce is perfect for folks that need to watch what they eat, but still want to enjoy the dishes they love.
- Marinara Sauce-A classic marinara sauce is a go-to staple for every pantry. When you are looking for a light sauce that is not overwhelming, traditional marinara is an excellent choice. A base of tomatoes, a bit of garlic, basil, onion, a pinch of seasoning, and a splash of citric acid will delight your guests and family.
- Pizza Sauce- When you are making pizza, you want the toppings to shine. Pizza sauce is a light and thin tomato sauce that uses red tomatoes, basil, garlic, sea salt, and pepper, with a pinch of sugar. Using a pizza sauce instead of a traditional marinara sauce will bring out the flavors of your Italian sausage, pepperonis, and mozzarella cheese, as well as any other toppings you love!
- Roasted Garlic Sauce- If you love garlic, roasted garlic sauce is the perfect marinara sauce for you! Plum tomatoes, onion, basil, sea salt, pepper, garlic, and more garlic! You can use this sauce on pasta, sausages, pizza, as a dip for your favorite appetizers, and lots of other ways when you want to highlight garlic.
- Three Cheese Sauce- Every great pasta dish needs cheese, cheese, and more cheese! Not only do you want fresh grated Parmesan to top off your soup, salad, pasta, or favorite Italian dishes, but a delicious three cheese sauce will take your dish to the ultimate level for cheese lovers!
Expand your tastebud’s horizons and stock your pantry with the top 7 sauces you need to create the best Italian dishes right in your own home!