- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 10 ounces spaghetti
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- red pepper flakes
- 12 littleneck clams
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 12 mussels
- 10 shrimp
- 4 large sea scallops, cut or 10-12 small scallops
- calamari – optional
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Posts Tagged ‘CT local’
Have you ever tried Frutti di Mare? This one is for anyone who can’t get enough of seafood! In any seaside Italian city, you will find a frutti di mare dish on the menu. It’s usually with a base of spaghetti or linguine, and filled with a mixture of tasty, fresh seafood like scallops, clams, mussels, and shrimp. This dish is a bit more complicated since there are several ingredients, but it will be well worth it! What you’ll need:
Ciao ciao! Basil is a very prominent ingredient in Italian cuisine and in addition to adding some rich flavor to your dish, it has many health benefits as well! Our beloved basil…
- is rich in Vitamin K, which builds strong bones and helps to prevent heart disease.
- has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties and have been shown to fight harmful bacteria, yeast, mold, viruses and inhibit their growth.
- has cancer fighting phytochemicals.
- is antiinflammatory.
- is contains powerful antioxidants that fight free radical damage. Bonus: These same antioxidants fight the effects of aging as well!
- produces detoxifying enzymes that help support liver function and detox the body.
Tonight on the menu is a rich and cheesy homestyle lasagna! We are going to be using the newest addition to the Capa di Roma sauces: Three Cheese Sauce! There’s never a limit on cheesy goodness in our kitchen, so our lasagna is no exception. If you’ve worked up an appetite today for a delicious, savory dinner, you’ve come to the right place!
Buongiorno!! A staple in any Italian household is a great recipe for stuffed peppers! This is a lighter, healthier meal to satisfy that comfort food craving! So let’s get to it! Prep and cook time: 2 hours What you’ll need:
Pizza margherita is a staple for any pizza lover! The red of the tomato sauce, the white of the mozzarella cheese, and the green of the basil leaves make up the colors of (one very delicious) Italian flag. This classic pizza can be found anywhere in Italy, and now, in your very own kitchen. The one perfect ingredient that you were missing up till now? Capa di Roma Pizza Sauce of course! So, are you ready to spice up your pizza game?