- 20 lasagna noodles
- 2 tbsp. evoo
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 2/3 cup grated Romano cheese
- 3 cups fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
Posts Tagged ‘Big Y Capa Di Roma’
Tonight we’re making spinach lasagna, a perfect family dish and a great alternative to meat lasagna for those trying to incorporate more vegetables or avoid meat. This recipe takes about two hours to make from start to finish and yields 12 servings. What you’ll need:
Have you ever tried Frutti di Mare? This one is for anyone who can’t get enough of seafood! In any seaside Italian city, you will find a frutti di mare dish on the menu. It’s usually with a base of spaghetti or linguine, and filled with a mixture of tasty, fresh seafood like scallops, clams, mussels, and shrimp. This dish is a bit more complicated since there are several ingredients, but it will be well worth it! What you’ll need:
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 10 ounces spaghetti
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- red pepper flakes
- 12 littleneck clams
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 12 mussels
- 10 shrimp
- 4 large sea scallops, cut or 10-12 small scallops
- calamari – optional
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Tonight we’re making olive bread, one of our favorites! We are crazy about olives and if you are too, you’ve found the right recipe! Olive bread is a flavorful, creative twist on the usual plain bread, and makes a great side to your dinner or a yummy snack on its own. Our recipe is for the oven too, so no bread maker needed! (bonus!) This whole recipe will take about three hours to make! What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup chopped and pitted olives (we like Kalamata!)
- 2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1.5 tsp. instant yeast
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
Shrimp scampi is a crowd pleaser, and even better, it’s pretty easy to prepare! In today’s post, we’re sharing a great recipe for this dish that’s also a lighter dinner option for yourself and the family. This recipe will make about 4 servings. Let’s get cooking! What you’ll need:
- 1 lb. jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 lb. pasta of your choice (we love spaghetti or linguini)
- 4 tbsp. Capa di Roma extra virgin olive oil
- juice of one medium lemon
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Ciao ciao! Basil is a very prominent ingredient in Italian cuisine and in addition to adding some rich flavor to your dish, it has many health benefits as well! Our beloved basil…
- is rich in Vitamin K, which builds strong bones and helps to prevent heart disease.
- has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties and have been shown to fight harmful bacteria, yeast, mold, viruses and inhibit their growth.
- has cancer fighting phytochemicals.
- is antiinflammatory.
- is contains powerful antioxidants that fight free radical damage. Bonus: These same antioxidants fight the effects of aging as well!
- produces detoxifying enzymes that help support liver function and detox the body.
Tonight on the menu is a rich and cheesy homestyle lasagna! We are going to be using the newest addition to the Capa di Roma sauces: Three Cheese Sauce! There’s never a limit on cheesy goodness in our kitchen, so our lasagna is no exception. If you’ve worked up an appetite today for a delicious, savory dinner, you’ve come to the right place!
Buongiorno!! A staple in any Italian household is a great recipe for stuffed peppers! This is a lighter, healthier meal to satisfy that comfort food craving! So let’s get to it! Prep and cook time: 2 hours What you’ll need:
Pizza margherita is a staple for any pizza lover! The red of the tomato sauce, the white of the mozzarella cheese, and the green of the basil leaves make up the colors of (one very delicious) Italian flag. This classic pizza can be found anywhere in Italy, and now, in your very own kitchen. The one perfect ingredient that you were missing up till now? Capa di Roma Pizza Sauce of course! So, are you ready to spice up your pizza game?
Tonight on the menu: classic eggplant parmesan! A good eggplant parm can be just the satisfying dinner you’re looking for so we are offering up our scrumptious recipe today. This recipe will make about 10 servings, so it’s perfect for a family dinner with some leftovers for tomorrow night!