Pizza margherita is a staple for any pizza lover! The red of the tomato sauce, the white of the mozzarella cheese, and the green of the basil leaves make up the colors of (one very delicious) Italian flag. This classic pizza can be found anywhere in Italy, and now, in your very own kitchen. The one perfect ingredient that you were missing up till now? Capa di Roma Pizza Sauce of course!
So, are you ready to spice up your pizza game?
First you’ll need:
For the dough:
- 2 cups of bread flour
- 1 package of active dry yeast
- 1 tsp. white sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. Capa di Roma extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup of warm water
For the toppings:
- 1 jar of Capa di Roma pizza sauce
- 6-8 basil leaves for garnish
- 6 ounces of fresh mozzarella cheese – sliced
Let’s get cooking:
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and prepare a greased baking sheet. Mix the yeast, sugar, and water together in a medium sized mixing bowl and let it sit for about 10 minutes or until it reaches a creamy consistency.
- Add the flour, salt, and oil, and stir all ingredients together until the mixture is smooth. Let everything sit for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the dough onto a floured surface, flattening it out either with your hands or a rolling pin. Stretch out the dough to desired size. Pinch around the edges to form a little crust. Keep in mind that the crust will rise a bit in the oven.
- Now for the fun part! Pop open your pizza sauce jar and spread sauce generously, leaving a 1-2 inch border.
- Distribute your mozzarella cheese slices and basil leaves.
- Pop your pizza in the pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes.
There you have it! Your new and improved pizza night! If you want an even easier pizza-making experience, you can find a pre-made dough at the supermarket and work off of that!