Pizza Margherita with Capa Di Roma Pizza SaucePizza margherita is a staple for any pizza lover! The red of the tomato sauce, the white of the mozzarella cheese, and the green of the basil leaves make up the colors of (one very delicious) Italian flag. This classic pizza can be found anywhere in Italy, and now, in your very own kitchen. The one perfect ingredient that you were missing up till now? Capa di Roma Pizza Sauce of course! So, are you ready to spice up your pizza game? First you’ll need: For the dough:
- 2 cups of bread flour
- 1 package of active dry yeast
- 1 tsp. white sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. Capa di Roma extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup of warm water
- 1 jar of Capa di Roma pizza sauce
- 6-8 basil leaves for garnish
- 6 ounces of fresh mozzarella cheese – sliced
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and prepare a greased baking sheet. Mix the yeast, sugar, and water together in a medium sized mixing bowl and let it sit for about 10 minutes or until it reaches a creamy consistency.
- Add the flour, salt, and oil, and stir all ingredients together until the mixture is smooth. Let everything sit for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the dough onto a floured surface, flattening it out either with your hands or a rolling pin. Stretch out the dough to desired size. Pinch around the edges to form a little crust. Keep in mind that the crust will rise a bit in the oven.
- Now for the fun part! Pop open your pizza sauce jar and spread sauce generously, leaving a 1-2 inch border.
- Distribute your mozzarella cheese slices and basil leaves.
- Pop your pizza in the pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes.
Tags: best pizza sauce, Big Y Capa Di Roma, capa di Roma, capa di Roma sauce, CT local, CT Pizza Sauce, CT Sauce, margherita, pizza, pizza at home, pizza in the oven, Pizza margherita, pizza night at home, pizza sauce, Roma sauce, Roma sauce big y, sauces
Trackback from your site.