Comfort Food Recipe- Stuffed PeppersBuongiorno!! A staple in any Italian household is a great recipe for stuffed peppers! This is a lighter, healthier meal to satisfy that comfort food craving! So let’s get to it! Prep and cook time: 2 hours What you’ll need:
- 4 bell peppers- whichever colors you prefer
- 1 jar of Capa di Roma Marinara Sauce
- 1 cup of cooked white rice
- 1.5 lbs of lean ground beef
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Parmiggiano Reggiano cheese- grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove tops and seeds from bell peppers and cook in boiling water for about 5 minutes. Once softened, drain, and set peppers aside.
- Next, combine the already cooked white rice, ground beef, chopped onion, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, cheese, and egg in a large mixing bowl.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Stuff peppers with your mixture from step 2 and place peppers (open side up) on your baking sheet.
- Mix your Capa di Roma sauce and white vinegar in a separate bowl.
- Pour mixture over peppers and top with your grated Pamiggiano Reggiano cheese.
- Bake for 60-80 minutes, checking periodically, and basting peppers with your sauce mixture a couple times as you go.
Tags: all natural sauce, best pizza sauce, Big Y Capa Di Roma, capa di Roma, capa di Roma sauce, CT local, CT Pizza Sauce, easy stuffed peppers, Roma sauce, Roma sauce big y, sauces, stuffed peppers, what to make with
Trackback from your site.