A staple in any Italian household is a great recipe for stuffed peppers! This is a lighter, healthier meal to satisfy that comfort food craving! So let’s get to it!
Prep and cook time: 2 hours
What you’ll need:
- 4 bell peppers- whichever colors you prefer
- 1 jar of Capa di Roma Marinara Sauce
- 1 cup of cooked white rice
- 1.5 lbs of lean ground beef
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Parmiggiano Reggiano cheese- grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Remove tops and seeds from bell peppers and cook in boiling water for about 5 minutes. Once softened, drain, and set peppers aside.
- Next, combine the already cooked white rice, ground beef, chopped onion, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, cheese, and egg in a large mixing bowl.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Stuff peppers with your mixture from step 2 and place peppers (open side up) on your baking sheet.
- Mix your Capa di Roma sauce and white vinegar in a separate bowl.
- Pour mixture over peppers and top with your grated Pamiggiano Reggiano cheese.
- Bake for 60-80 minutes, checking periodically, and basting peppers with your sauce mixture a couple times as you go.
Buon Appetito! :)