Since Thanksgiving is right around the corner, you may be thinking about which wine to serve that pairs well with the wide range of food that will be found on your table! Today we're bringing you our five favorite wines for Turkey Day and why they'll make the perfect addition to your table.
1. Pinot Noir
- Lighter reds like Pinot Noir pair very well with perfectly baked turkey. The bright berry notes in younger pinots contrast well with a hearty menu.
- A more intense option in the red wine category, Zinfandel balances many Thanksgiving side dishes and accomodates spice, bitter and sweet dishes with ease.
3. Pinot Grigio
- An excellent choice for a white wine due to its capacity to handle garlic, onions, herbs and flavorful high-fat dishes.
- This white famously pairs well with spicy, salt or sweet dishes. Riesling tends to be a top pick for Thanksgiving dinners since its apple and honey flavors pair nicely with sweet potatoes, turkey and stuffing.
- This one's for the dessert table! Port has long been a pairing friend of pies, and if you're like us, you will definitely have some delicious pies on that table.
Lucky for us, there's a number of great wine choices that can accompany your Thanksgiving dishes, it's just up to you which you prefer!