Wines to Try This Fall (and what to pair with them!)
Blog Date: 2017-10-08
It feels officially like fall here, and we're transitioning our dishes to fit with the season! One of the most fun ways to get in the spirit of any new season is to try some different wines! Today we're looking at which wines work best with all things autumn and we're giving you some pairing options too to get the most out of them!
Reds — Light to medium-bodied red wines with a wide range of spices go well with many autumn dishes and bring you right into the season feeling. Our picks are Syrah, Grenache, Pinot Noir.
Whites — Viognier, Roussanne or Chardonnay make excellent compliments to fall meals.
- Syrah - play with your spice rack for this one. Allspice, clove and mint really bring out its flavor and fit into a number of fall dishes.
- Grenache - goes perfectly with braises and stews. Long, slow cooked roasts of pork or lamb make a great compliment to this wine.
- Pinot Noir - creamy soups like butternut squash based soups bring out the fruity tones of Pinot Noir.
Have you paired any wines with autumnal foods this season yet? Let us know on our facebook page!
- Viognier - It's easy in the fall to throw some cinnamon into your dishes, and it will bring a flavor blast when paired with this white.
- Roussanne - the rich flavors of this wine will be brought out by roast pork or veal.
- Chardonnay - this favorite is the perfect match with simply seasoned chicken or pork.