Bell peppers are a tasty and colorful addition to tons of dishes, in both raw and cooked form. Often a staple in Italian recipes, bell peppers pack a powerful health punch too! Let's take a look at some of their lovely health benefits!
- are a great source of vitamin E! Vitamin E helps keep the hair skin and nails healthy and youthful.
- contain capsaicin, which reduces cholesterol, controls diabetes, and reduces inflammation.
- have antioxidant and antiinflammatory benefits as they contain many phytochemicals and carotenoids like beta-carotene.
- are full of vitamin C. Particularly found in red bell peppers, vitamin C helps the immune system and keeps hair, skin, and nails healthy and strong.
- are rich in vitamin B6, which supports the nervous system and the growth of new cells.
- are full of enzymes like lutein that protect eyes from cataracts.
- are exremely low in calories! One cup only contains abou 45 calories, so eat up!
sources: care2.com, whfoods.com