A classic herb found in the Italian cuisine (and many others) is oregano. But did you know all the beautiful health benefits there are in this little herb too? Today we're delving into the health power of this special little herb.
- Antifungal and antimicrobial - Two phytochemicals found in oregano called carvacol and thymol are strong antimicrobial organic compounds. These compounds can defend the body against many skin and gut bacterias, among others.
- Improves digestive health - Oregano is filled with fiber! This fiber is great for overall health of the gut and improves your nutrient uptake.
- It's detoxing! The herb is packed with nutrients including vitamin K, calcium, iron, and manganese which work to detoxify your body and aid in the elimination of toxins.
- Boosts your energy! It helps the functining of the metabolism due to its B-vitamin conetnt. The iron also aids in circulation, which provides more energy and strength in the body.
- Increases immune system strength - The rosmarinic acid and thymol found in oregano are powerful antioxidants that help keep the body and immune system protected from dangerous free radicals.
Dried or fresh, sprinkle some delicious and healthy oregano on your pizza, pasta, or any other dish tonight for some great added benefits!
Also don't forget to follow us on Facebook
, and our newly updated Pinterest
page! We'd love to see more of you!!