Italian espresso is one of the best coffees in the world, but is it good for you? If you're like a lot of people, you may feel like you need that cup of coffee or cappuccino in the morning to get moving, so today we are looking at the positive side. Here are some health benefits of espresso!
- Coffee is high in antioxidants and therefore cancer fighting! The specific antioxidants found in coffee, quinines, have been associated with a lowered risk of liver and colorectal cancer.
- The caffeine content and antioxidants help fight against Alzheimer's Disease.
- The caffeine content can also boost memory and cognitive performance.
- Both decaffeinated and regular coffee can lower the risk of Type 2 Diabetes.
- Coffee promotes liver health. Both decaf and regular coffee has been shown to yield better levels of liver enzymes which results in healthier overall functioning of the organ.
- Coffee can lower the risk of stroke.
- The caffeine has been associated with a lower risk of Parkinson's Disease.
- Bonus if you are an espresso drinker as it is very low in calories also (assuming you don't add too much sugar and cream).
Of course, like other health benefits that we've discussed here at Capa di Roma, moderation is key. Just because there are some positive benefits, it's best to keep caffeine intake on the lower side in general.
Let us know what you guys think by visiting our facebook page and leaving some feedback! →