It's no secret that we are big fans of tomatoes here at Capa di Roma. We even import our plum tomatoes from Italy for our sauces
. Whether you consider them a fruit or vegetable, we can all agree that they are great for you and tasty too!
- Tomatoes are an excellent source of Vitamin C and other anioxidants. These qualities make it a powerful cancer-fighting food!
- The choline content, fiber, potassium, and Vitamin C make it awesome for heart health! (Potassium particularly is strongly linked with cardiovascular health!)
- One single tomato can provide up to 40% of our daily Vitamin C requirement.
- The lycopene, lutein, and beta-carotene antioxidants found in tomatoes are wonderful for eye health and protecting against light-induced damage to the eyes.
- Lycopene has been recently linked with strong bone health. Lycopene is the carotenoid pigment associated with the red color of tomatoes.
- Tomatoes have been researched extensively in regard to their effects on prostate cancer. The alpha-tomatine phytonutrient found in tomatoes has been shown to fight this cancer and alter metabolic activity in prostate cancer cells already developed.
- Diets that include tomatoes have been linked with a decrease in obesity.
- Tomatoes are an amazing source of Vitamin K, Magnesium, Vitamin B6, Copper, and Vitamin A.
If those aren't enough reasons, they are delicious too!! So pick yourself up a few tonight at the supermarket or treat yourself to a lovely dish featuring our authentic sauces! Buon appetito!