Today we have three different pizza recipes for you to try on your next pizza night! (Which, if you're anything like us, is likely coming up soon ;) ) In this post, we are featuring the classic Italian Capricciosa, Ortolana, and Napoletana pizzas.
For all of these lovely pizzas, our Capa di Roma pizza sauce
makes the tastiest base for all of your ingredients!
If you choose to make the dough yourself, here's our recipe:
- 2 cups of bread flour
- 1 package of active dry yeast
- 1 tsp. white sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. Capa di Roma EVOO
- 3/4 cup of warm water
Now we have to choose our toppings!
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF and prepare a greased baking sheet. Mix the yeast, sugar, and water together in a medium sized mixing bowl and let it sit for about 10 minutes or until it reaches a creamy consistency.
- Add the flour, salt, and oil, and stir all ingredients together until the mixture is smooth. Let everything sit for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the dough onto a floured surface, flattening it out either with your hands or a rolling pin. Stretch out the dough to desired size. Pinch around the edged to form a little crust. Keep in mind that the crust will rise a bit in the oven.
"Capricciosa" or "capricious" pizza is a classic favorite in Italy. The toppings for your pizza capricciosa will be: mozzarella, mushrooms, artichoke, prosciutto, and black olives.
The ortolana pizza is a vegetarian pizza as "orto" means "garden." The classic toppings for it are mozzarella, peppers, eggplant, zucchini, and other grilled vegetables of your choosing.
Who doesn't want to eat a pizza, Napoli-style?! The ingredients for this pizza are anchovies, oregano, capers, and olive oil.